Five Tips to Curb Your Appetite

Have you made a New Year’s resolution to loose weight this year, or maybe just to eat more healthy? One idea is to start replacing your normal food purchases with Organics. Here is an article from the Dr Clark Store that may give you some simple tips to get started.

Food cravings.

Why do we crave potato chips and chocolate but not fresh fruit or broccoli? Food cravings can mean anything from a mild desire to an unstoppable urge to consume a particular food.

The Sugar Fix

The most common food cravings revolve around sugar. Our appetite for sweets starts early. According to the USDA, the average American teenager ingests a whopping 275 cups of sugar per year—that’s three-quarters cup of sugar per day! The problem isn’t just the bewildering array of snacks and soft drinks that youngsters adore, but hidden sources such as ready-to-eat cereals, catsup, milk products, canned foods, crackers and breads.

Cravings for sugar and starch are most typically due to a drop in blood sugar. Symptoms include intense hunger and a powerful desire to eat carbohydrates combined with sudden fatigue, lack of concentration, mood swings, headaches, and nausea up to three hours after eating.

Try Frequent Small Meals

“Cravings generally come from being hungry, so snack regularly and don’t skip meals,” says Boston nutritionist Heidi Reichenberger, M.S., R.D., a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association. “If you avoid becoming ravenous, you’ll have more restraint. Make sure your meals and snacks contain some protein and fat, which take longer to digest than carbohydrate and therefore help you feel satisfied for a longer time.”

When your body is flooded with simple carbs, you tend to want more of the same. And more and more. The good news is that the more we select healthy foods, such as salads, fruits and vegetables, the more we begin to crave these healthy selections instead of unhealthy empty-calorie foods.

The Following Tips will help you Curb your Appetite and Eat just Enough — and NO more.

1. Get rid of the goodies: Purge your home of low-nutrition snack food. That means ice cream, candy, potato chips, packaged cookies, donuts, cake, and any other salty or sugary treats that you munch between meals. These are the foods that we eat compulsively and that make us overweight.

2. Stock up on healthy snacks: Stock your home with fresh fruit, carrots, celery, tomatoes, granola bars, and high-fiber breakfast cereal. Say hello to your new snack food.

3. Forget fast food: Kick that fast food habit. No more 99-cent specials at Burger King. No stopping at the donut shop for a quick glazed. This kind of compulsive, unhealthy eating is causing our nation’s weight problems.

4. Splurge with salads: Splurge with a simple salad. Toss half a head of crunchy iceberg lettuce in a big bowl with sliced tomato, sliced cucumber and some baby carrots. Drizzle on some extra-virgin olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of pepper, and toss again. Enjoy.

5. Lose weight with watermelon: Ice cold, naturally sweet and contains few calories because It’s more than 90 percent water, and the other 10 percent has plenty of healthy nutrients.

One Response to “Five Tips to Curb Your Appetite”

  • These writings in my opoiinn are really hard that will decipher. This is really fun in many ways because one has pinpoint what is being stated. I really have trend into this.

Leave a Reply

Categories
Archives
Class Schedule

Please click THIS LINK to view our entire Class Schedule.

Video Education

Class Video - Medical Qigong

Multi Dimensional Mind

Multidimensional Mind with Dr. Tom E. Sawyer

Reiki For Children

To Purchase XYMOGEN - Contact Dr. Alexander for Doctors CODE at dalexan2@tampabay.rr.com
Tour The Temple